Custom Search

Monday, September 5, 2011

No. 2 Pencil

What?! What is this horrid, yet familiar thing upon my desk?!
A freakin' scantron?! I thought I had sworn off these things as soon as I had my Pharm. D in my hand!

And it's true that I did promise myself when I graduated that, after 8 hard years of studying and constant tests, I never take another exam. Ha, then I had to take that little thing called the NAPLEX in order to get my license. Forgot about that.
But here I am, years later, with a blue book and scantron on my desk. Why? Well, it's basically so my company can pay to print me new business cards with more letters after my name.
Lots more letters.

AAHIVP.
Seriously, couldn't they shorten that somehow?!
As the Market HIV Pharmacist, I am required to obtain my America Academy of HIV credential so that I can prove that I kind of know what I'm talking about when I answer my market's HIV questions. The great thing about this is that I was planning to take the exam anyway when my company called and offered to pay for it! Oh yeah! Love that.
I'd love to dive into my exam tonight, but guess what? It has to wait. I don't own any number 2 pencils.

6 comments:

  1. You can take the exam at home? That is kind of nice!

    I thought I was done with test taking until I embarked on the CFA program. After I finish teh next 2 exams, I *should* be done, but I guess you should never say never.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol....no number 2 pencils? My palms get sweaty if I have to write with a pen. I hate making mistakes (hello type A personality) so I exclusively use pencils, except for when I'm executing legal documents (which is fairly often).

    I don't recall how I stumbled on your blog, but I'm glad I did because I really enjoy it. I'm a fairly new runner (Jan 2009) and I live in west Texas, so lots of 100+ degree runs (but it's a dry heat...like running with a blow dryer in your face).

    Good luck on your test!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. They give you a scan tron and let you do it at home? Grrrrr. I am studying to take the Certified Emergency Nurse exam..of course it's at a sylvan learning center and they tell you right there if you pass or fail, so talk about public humiliation...they person who sets up all the tests will be laughing all day if I fail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wahoo for them paying for the test, but boo for scantrons. I standardize test so horribly just seeing that sheet makes my palms sweaty! Give me a 20-page paper any day of the week, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're such a smart cookie! You'll have no problems finishing and passing this test with flying colors! Just another hoop. :) Hey, and while your at it, put that creative mind to the test...come on...spell out your goal marathon time with some pills from the pharmacy..that's art!! And then I'll post it for everyone to see how simple this thing can really be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's always a plus when the company picks up the bill for that sort of thing. I don't keep pencils, much less No. 2 pencils around here either.

    ReplyDelete