Custom Search

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Fall favors

My trip to New Hampshire inspired me to make some fall-themed favors for a friend's wedding shower (the whole thing is actually an autumn theme). I bought plain cream cards from Clearbags.com (my  favorite stock website and the place I bought the materials for my own wedding invitations). They just so happened to have fancy homemade linen envelopes on sale for $2/pack of 50! Look at the mica flecks and grass and leaf inclusions. So perfect for the theme!
Grass and leave (top) and mica (bottom) envelopes

The cards were very easy to make: I used craft paint (haphazardly mixing red, yellow, brown and green with gold and champagne glitter paints) and painted the backs of fresh leaves, then pressed them on the cards. We made 200 cards.
My table covered in drying cards

Once they were dry, I bundled them in packs of 6 with envelopes and tied with raffia.
Piles of leaves!

Tada! Perfectly fall favors!

4 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of anyone who can be that creative! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card and cool idea! I made my own wedding invitations, too, but they were none so pretty as those shower favors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cute! Nice work! That would take forever (for me anyway).

    ReplyDelete