Custom Search

Friday, September 16, 2011

Did you get your flu shot?

Here I am making sure that everyone at Delgado Community College gets theirs!
I wore my boy hair.

Flu shots and all the fixin's
 Actually...I haven't had my flu shot this year. There are two reasons for this:
1. I work alone, and I don't know how I feel about giving myself a vaccine.
2. The preservative-free vaccine isn't available yet and I think it's inadvisable to inject mercury into your muscle every year.


So. Do YOU get the flu shot? Why or why not?

6 comments:

  1. Um, I run so therefore I don't get the flu?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck Jamoosh with that!!!!
    I got very sick once after a flu shot, so after that...
    I never ever got the flu shot, even though I work in Emergency, and then the year of the "swine Flu Freak out" I got some sort of Flu 3 times. Once a month, each requiring a lot of time off work due to the restrictions placed on sick employees that year.

    Last year I got the preservative free Vaccine, and Did not get sick once. This year, when the hospital is handing out the preservative free ones, I will be first in line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both my wife and I refuse the flu shot. Preservatives are a big reason we don't but also the variability of which virus is going to be in play that is not in the flu shot.

    We also don't give our 5 and 7 year olds the flu shot. My wife's mother is also allergic to egg which is another reason my wife skips the shot, but I can't use that excuse. I love eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've just never gotten it (the shot)... so i still don't get it. haven't had the flu either... knock on wood!

    ReplyDelete
  5. From one pharmacist to another....um...no.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Lindsay. I've never gotten it and I haven't had the flu in ages, since I was a kid, I think. So. No. I don't get it.

    ReplyDelete