Custom Search

Friday, July 30, 2010

Off to the bay!


I'm outta here!
Heading to Bay St Louis for a relaxing weekend of drinking coffee on the beach. Just me and the tar balls.
I'm glad to leave my work drama behind. This week my pharmacy manager got in a fight with my store manager, and my pharmacy manager called me at home to vent about it. ON MY ANNIVERSARY. And talked for an hour. This is both proof that my pharmacy manager is a single man, and the explanation for why he is still a single man. The fighting is basically about pharmacy operations - scheduling, work flow, etc. The store manager thinks we suck a little. He's right, we do suck, but we're working on it. We're under new management! My pharmacy manager thinks this is none of the store manager's beeswax. He's right, too. The store manager's job is to keep Mucinex in stock and make sure the bathrooms are clean, neither of which he does. It is not his job to tell pharmacists how to run their show (this was a major issue when I worked at Walmart; the store managers would come tell us what to do with blatant disregard for legality or ethics.)
To help me navigate the issue, I've compiled the benefits of siding with either manager.
Why I should side with pharmacy manager:
- I have work with him every day
- Pharmacists should stick together
- He does not have an irritating back-to-front combover like the store manager does
- He has a clue, unlike the store manager, who literally has no earthly idea what goes on in the pharmacy.
Why I should side with the store manager:
- Maybe I could use my leverage to bribe him into cleaning the bathrooms
- Pharmacy manager is a slob like nobody's business and this would teach him a lesson about leaving important files everywhere!
- He's just clueless enough for me to start running the show completely if we "teamed up". I would totally start a campaign of free peanut butter cups for employees on busy days.
On second thought, I'll just ignore them both and continue being the stellar, overworked pharmacist that I've always been.
Have an awesome weekend everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I think ignoring them both is a good idea. And next time the idiot calls you on your anniversary tell him where to go! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. It's always best to stay neutral with work matters. Have a great weekend. :) Nice photo btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are enjoying your weekend away. How annoying that you got called at home on your anniversary! not cool...

    ReplyDelete