Custom Search

Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy 4th!

I hope you all enjoyed your fourth of July weekend. I didn't really get a holiday - I worked late Friday night and the holiday (Sunday); my time off on Saturday was spent at my nephew's first birthday party. Which was ridiculous. Seriously, the kiddo is ONE. This party was insane - millions of people, hundreds of balloons, tons of food. And of course, noisemakers. After a few hours my head was ready to explode and I was begging to go home!
But who cares what I thought. Did the birthday boy have fun?

Of course not, poor kid. He was miserable and stressed out! And tired! However, we got lots and lots of pictures of this cuteness so there were positive aspects as well. I'm just not a fan of big baby parties.
Now I'm off to work again, although hubby has off as a "late holiday". Work continues to be stressful but...well, more info later, but let's just say photographic evidence has taken some of the burden off me as a witness!
Later...I found some cool family history and, hee hee, I bought MORE running shoes. Four pairs in 9 months...ouch!

3 comments:

  1. Okay first off, that picture is adorable! I'm right there with you - my niece is going to be one in less than two weeks and I'm like "excuse me, weren't you just 4 lbs. being born yesterday?!"

    I'm with you on the kids birthday parties - especially when they're one - if there's too much going on it's overstimulation and no one has a good time!

    Keep us posted on the work stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running shoes are the most important protection we have from injury. Law have mercy can they be expensive though. I was at Dick's Sporting Goods Friday because I realized I have only 2 pairs of running shorts and I keep having to wash one pair while I use the other and I needed at least 2 more pairs because mine are going to wear out way too quickly. I forgot to check the shoe clearance to see if they had my shoes on the clearance rack, oops! The shoes definitely hurt the wallet but I look at it this way, it's either the shoes or the doctor bill!
    So glad that they were able to get good photographic evidence!! That helps A LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oo, can't wait to find out what kind of shoes you bought!!

    I think birthday parties are so overwhelming for kids from ages 1-3 or something like that. They usually have to miss their nap or get off their schedule in some way, so they are usually so crabby by the end of it all!

    ReplyDelete