Custom Search

Monday, July 12, 2010

I'll be back!

I was SUPPOSED to post a Foody Friday about shopping at health food stores and Whole Foods without breaking the bank. But I had a rough long run in the heat on Thursday and lost so many electrolytes that I spent Friday trying to get my blood pressure up (seriously). I have to find a solution to this before I literally die on my run. Every time I stood up on Friday I started to pass out and I found myself doing silly things like licking the salt of pretzels, then throwing them away (or putting them back in the bag. Don't tell hubby. J/K).
Anyway, Friday was totally disposable thanks to that, and Lord help ya if I filled your prescription that day.
I decided to save Foody Friday until Friday, because I think it's high time I caught everyone up on the drama at work. By the way, we have new drama now: someone was abducted out of our parking lot on Friday. I feel like I work in a war zone!
So more on work drama later. See ya after six!

3 comments:

  1. Holy moley - someone was abducted? Be careful, lady! That is scary!

    And that is scary about your long run, too. Yikes. Hopefully you figure out how to prevent that from happening.

    I did 12 for my long run this week, and this comign week is a 'step back' week, so my long run is only 9 miles. Then I do 14 the following week. So far the long runs have gone pretty well. Except my 11 miler last week where I really thought I was going to die. Ok, maybe it wasn't that bad, but it was not great. It was so freaking hot and humid that day & there was no shade where I was running so it was just a bad combo of things...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh geez...stay safe at work. Hope you can figure out your runs. Heat is rough, I've been trying to find as much shade as possible and trying to stay hydrated on mine but I've had a few rough ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh- stay safe at work and on your runs! I have electrolyte issues (not at all to that extent- but I cramp up like nobody's business) and lately I've been drinking HEED in my water to deal with them b/c I can't stand how sweet a lot of electrolyte stuff tastes.

    ReplyDelete