Custom Search

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Running is just whatevs

I can't say I'm LOVE LOVE LOVING running these days. I'm feeling indifferent because:

  • It's not a terribly warm summer, but it's always hot and really sticky and I feel disgusting
  • We've had a really rainy year, and I've been running in ankle-deep water often. I don't usually mind running in the rain, but this has been excessive. I need to dry out!
  • I'm not seeing any speed progress?! 
  • I am a tad injured. First my calf a few months ago, now my right knee keeps filling with fluid post-run. I hate this "it doesn't hurt but I'm not 100%" ambiguous nonsense.
Post long-run. 
To help with my knee, I have been doing these exercises. And boy, was I sore for the first few days!
You know what would make me feel better? I cooler day and a race or two. I need to find some race to run! 

3 comments:

  1. Well, Harvey brought us way cooler temps here, so hopefully you'll get that too! We've gotten about a 10 degree break on highs and lows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo. Running *though* water on a regular basis sounds terrible. I'd imagine it would be hard to make too much speed progress under those conditions. Man, I don't know. When I can't for-real train, it still makes me feel better to do a moderate amount of easy running, and every now and then when I feel REALLY down on running it actually does help me to take a week or two completely off & spend the time doing completely frivolous, entertaining things. Trying to push through the really bad blaaahhs never works for me. I hope things get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Running through water sounds awful. I've ran in plenty of rain but I have never an in standing water and I don't think I am tough enough to do it - I would turn back! I hope you get a break from all the rain soon and that the knee pain goes away!!

    ReplyDelete