Custom Search

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Earned it!

They don't give them away to anyone: you have to earn one!
I am not freakishly tall...we just skew short as a club! 

And somehow I did, through my mediocre paddling along...but hey, here's inspiration to really show up at my next race. I've got a Powermilers singlet now!

Paige, Dave, and I all earned a singlet. Paige and I are training for Houston together...for now. Girl is FAST. She'll be blowing by me in no time. But for now we're good training partners: I am a better pacer, but she is faster. We balance well!
Tonight we did 4x1 mile at half marathon pace with 3 minute jogging rest, followed by 4x100m strides. We did them on the winding walking path since the track was really chewed up. We had some trouble with time because Paige and I were getting different readouts on our Garmins - hers always says we're running faster than mine does. It felt...oddly easy. Don't ask me how. It was ten million degrees. But we were just cruising. A harbinger of faster workouts to come? I hope so!
6:40, 6:38, 6:42, 6:48 (goal was 6:45... like I said, we have pacing issues!). We came off the last one feeling fresh and intended one more, but coach shut it down. So four it was.

Tomorrow, just five recovery miles. I kind of like this training plan thing!


3 comments:

  1. That sounds like an awesome workout- and I love the singlets :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. So hopefully this comment does not weird you out, but last night I dreamed that you came back to Minneapolis for the TC marathon and you were the 2nd female overall! How random is that dream?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I am happy to be an elite in your dreams!!!

      Delete