Custom Search

Sunday, August 7, 2016

Marathon training week 5

Training for Twin Cities Marathon, October 9:

Monday: Off.
Tuesday: 8 total in surprisingly nice temperatures - I think 86? Six repeats of 800m with 400m jog in 3:08, 3:09, 3:11, 3:09, 3:09, 3:11. Plus warm up and cool down. So much easier in mid-80's vs mid-90's.
Wednesday: 8 easy. I had to teach a class early in the morning, so I moved my run to the afternoon. This meant that I ran this at 5 pm, which was nice as far as weather goes (the humidity tends to be worst in the mornings), but meant that I was running a tempo twelve hours later. 
Thursday: 11 with 8 tempo at 7:16. Total disaster. My legs were still tired from the night before. My tempo portion was way off pace, and still felt hard!
Friday: 15 easy. Because of our weekend plans, I had to move this run up a day, meaning it was the day after an exhausting and terrible tempo. So obviously, it was exhausting and terrible, too. The cycle continues! 
Saturday: 8 easy.
Sunday: 7 easy. I ran this later in the day, just like last week, and again it felt easy. Must be that I feel best at noon!
Total: 57 miles.

This was a week of compromises between life and running plan, and was a flop on the running front. Once I started messing with the schedule, it all went downhill. My tempo was too slow and too hard, and then my long run was run at easy pace instead of long run pace (I didn't want to even try a faster pace that close to the tempo because my legs and joints were already complaining. I am not going to get injured this time around!).
So this week certainly proved the importance of sticking to schedule. I will get back to business next week! 

1 comment:

  1. I don't think it was a flop. You have in any case run 6 days on 7. All the best.

    ReplyDelete