Custom Search

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I've been tagged!

By these two ladies:
EMZ. The incomparable EMZ. The 24-hour tread-miller, racer and runner extraordinaire!
And by Jayloh. No, not J-Lo. This Jayloh has a cuter family!And she's my partner in injury right now, poor us.


The Liebster Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.

The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.

Rules for receiving this award:

1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Then answer the questions the tagger sent for them, plus create 11 questions for the people they’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Notify the people you have tagged.
5. No tag backs. ;)



So. Here we go, my eleven things:

1. I am not scared of spiders, but I don't like other bugs.
2. My contact prescription is 20/695. Ouch.
3. Along the same lines, if I take my contacts out I immediately fall asleep. If I can't see anything, why stay awake?
4. My lips are always chapped.
5. I carry a water bottle with me at all times.
6. I've only been to NYC once and I kind of didn't like it. Isn't that terrible?
7. I started drinking coffee when I was ten, which is nothing compared to my brother Sam, who at age three used to help himself to coffee in his sippy cup!
8. I read the Dear Abby column in the paper every morning to remind myself how normal and peaceful my life is.
9. I don't like soda at all.
10. When I sneeze I get chill bumps all over my body. I thought this happened to everyone, but apparently not.
11. The only team sport I ever played was soccer when I was five, and I spent the whole time running away from this kid named Antonio who kept trying to kiss me.

And now for part 2:
EMZ's questions:
1. Favorite social media?
Facebook. It's how I stalk my siblings.
2. Favorite post workout meal?
Scrambled eggs and club soda.
3. Clean the house or do yard work?
Clean the house. We don't have a yard and we do have gardeners for the tiny square of green in the back!
4. Favorite gift you've ever received?
When we were just dating, and right after the devastation and financial strain of Hurricane Katrina, David bought me diamond earrings. That really meant a lot to me. He proposed 9 months later.
5. Do you look most like your mom or dad?
Good question. I have my mom's Armenian coloring and broad face, but my nose and mouth look like my dad's.
6. If you could go any where in the world - where would you go?
All the places.
7. Workout alone or with a group?
Usually alone.
8. Favorite song at the moment?
You know, I've been humming "On the street where you live" a lot!
9. Three qualities of your best friend.
Loyal, clever, kind.
10. Favorite Olympic event?
Men's figure skating.
11. Why did you start blogging?
To have an online journal.

Jayloh's questions:

1. What is your favorite run/race/activity you have participated in?
I felt best about my Louisiana Marathon performance, but the Baton Rouge Beach race might be my favorite.
2. Do you run with a group or solo?
Both - group runs for speedwork once a week; alone the rest of the time.
3. What part of the country do you live in:
New Orleans. It's its own country.
4. What is your favorite machine at the gym?
I like the decline bench, but it's not really a machine. Well, it's a simple machine. The ramp.
5. What healthy dish do you like to make?
I'm a big fan of beans and rice. Cheap, easy, healthy, delicious. A pound of beans is less than fifty cents.
6. What is your favorite easy snack food?
Cheese and crackers.
7. What brand of athletic shoe do you prefer?
Saucony at the moment. Used to be Karhu before they got famous.
8. Who is your favorite athlete?
Right now it's Leo Manzano!
9. What sport do you wish you could compete in the Olympics?
Is there pie eating?
10. Red, white or blue:
White. Always classic.
11. Favorite Travel Spot:
Atlanta...because my godchildren live there! And my sister! Win-win!

And part three is where I tag other people and leave my eleven questions!
1. Peanut butter and?
2. Underdog or fan favorite?
3. What is your earliest childhood memory?
4. Worst race fiasco?
5. Favorite vegetable?
6. What do you think the speed limit should be?
7. Favorite sport to watch live?
8. What did you eat for breakfast?
9. Name the Olympic sport with the worst scoring system.
10. Red wine, white wine, or beer?
11. If you splurge, is it sweet or salty?

Now I tag people! How about three runners I follow and learn from?
Tagged:
Tia, super speedy running mom
Ginny, a fellow hot-weather runner: only she has hills, too!
Katie, a marathoning mom who runs with a team



6 comments:

  1. Awesome Q & A! Enjoyed reading it. :) Are you Facebook friends with Antonio? Lolol...oh, and I'm not a big of NYC either,,too big and busy and not enough greenery

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww! Thanks for being a good sport. :)
    I figure the less people each of us tag, at the end, the faster this will fade into the world wide web graveyard...

    I really *do* like learning little bits about other bloggers, tho.

    I'm obsessive about having a water bottle glued to me at all times and am also not a soda fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one of my running idols, twas fun to learn more random facts about you. It's good to know that you also fall asleep at the drop of a hat when you take your contacts out, I think I may have a touch of narcolepsy because when I close my eyes, I'm out.

    The mental image of a 3 year old putting coffee in their sippy cup is pretty darn funny. I can't imagine a young child hyped up on coffee, kids usually already have so much energy.

    I look at my surgery/trauma ICU patients every day and thank the dear lord for giving me a pretty normal life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved reading more about you! Coffee at 10! Probably to keep up with all those younger siblings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love hearing all these fun things! I also am a big fan of beans, although I usually just skip the rice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading these and learning all these random facts. I love the saucony kinvaras too. so nice.

    ReplyDelete