Custom Search

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Aw, heck.

Not again!
The weird thing about this is the coincidental similarities to 2005:

- In 2005 the weekend of the storm there was a preseason game in the dome - just like this year.
- In 2005 I was in Monroe, La the week before Katrina. Back then I was in pharmacy school; I drove down to visit my boyfriend (now husband) the Friday before the storm. This year I was in Monroe this week, too, teaching a class.
- In 2005 the neighborhood was crowded with families moving their kids IN to apartments for the start of the school year at Tulane and Loyola. Meanwhile the locals were moving OUT to evacuate! It was such a mess! This weekend, too, was a flurry of unloading and goodbye kisses and new tenants.

Let's just hope this guy weakens and turns.

5 comments:

  1. Y'all are in my prayers!!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are a lot of coincidences! Praying for a big shift in weather. I Can't imagine living in the hurricane zone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the 2nd post I've read on this topic this morning. I will keep you all in my prayers. What a terrifying time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay safe! I hope it is NOTHING like Katrina and blows on by without much impact.

    ReplyDelete