Custom Search

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Happy December 1st!

December is here and I'm all about the Christmas spirit. I kicked it off early last night cooking up a storm!
I made fruitcake...
Waiting to be brushed with brandy

Of course I had to sample it, even though it isn't aged yet!
half a pan, gone in a flash!

Canned some cranberry chutney...
peach preserves, pink grapefruit marmalade, and cranberry chutney (l-r)

And prettied-up jars of peach preserves and grapefruit marmalade for gifting.
I used wrapping paper to cover the jar tops - cheaper than fabric squares


Question for the day: What is your stance on fruitcake?
I personally love it, especially with a cup of tea. I am about to go hide those little loaves from myself.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You are the first person I have ever heard of actually making fruit cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. same here. you make fruit cake?

    sorry i've been away from the blogging world. i've had huge problems with my account... grrr...

    hope all is well in your world, gracie~ ! happy holidays~!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had fruitcake, should I try? The preserves look great though and love gifts like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, not a fruitcake fan! Although maybe a nice homemade version would be tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. uhhh, you can feel free to deliver one of those fine fruitcakes to me in Baton Rouge. :)

    I'm excited that you will be there. When you know your color for the day, let me know. I'll be looking for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, I forgot, good luck! I know you will have a super race.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made fruitcake? I barely know anyone who likes fruitcake and definitely have never heard of anyone who makes it. But maybe that is why nobody likes it...they have never had a homemade one!

    ReplyDelete