Custom Search

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Tell me no!

I just got an email that piques my interest. It's about a marathon. 
A midnight marathon.
In Audubon Park.
It's free.
And it's this Sunday!
I absolutely want to run 13 loops around Audubon in the middle of the night. I really do! But I think that may be a bad idea since I'm totally untrained and I'm still (supposed) to be on a 3 miles, 3 times a week running limit (I'm not, though, 'cause I'm terrible at following directions). 
(At this point, pretend I have a beautiful picture of the park at night. I don't, because the only one I liked was on Shutterfly for sale for real money I don't have.)
But boy, do I want to do it. 
I'm off work Monday, now that I have a crazy awesome job with holidays off, so that's no problem. 
What should I do?

8 comments:

  1. Don't know how you feel about taking advice from a complete stranger, but ...... NO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes. I hate to say NO because only you know what to do really. I think you already know the answer...yes? I'm running a marathon for fun on Monday after a marathon only 4 weeks ago but that is a little different. I'm not racing though and it will be fun hopefully. I'd say, that if you are feeling good and you'll be able to take it easy then go for it but if it will mean hurting yourself and not being able to run for a long stretch of time at all...NOT worth it!! so NO! But maybe. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a marathon @ midnight in audubon park? What is the name of this race. I have never heard about it but yeah, given your hurt leg, a marathon might not be the best idea. Sounds fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crewser, it's called the "Hotter than Hell" marathon and I'd never heard of it either - I got a flyer emailed to me through a running group. It's very informal: ie, you start whenever you want and record your own laps! My only concern is...isn's Audubon closed at night?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No! Terrible idea! Injuries await if you try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmm..crazy race but could be fun?! yes, and audubon was always closed at night but maybe they make an exception for the race? I'm guessing it has to be on the paved loop though because I can't tell you how many times I busted on runs around the grass/trail portion of audubon park. super clumsy, but then again, that is probably why I am a runner, and not something more coordinated, say a dancer?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I live in south LA and I would have been so tempted to do this, except I have not trained for a marathon just yet and would definitely have died. Haha. Do they do this every year? Because I'd definitely be up for it next year!!

    ReplyDelete