Custom Search

Sunday, June 26, 2011

I actually did sweat my thorns off.

Time: 4 pm
Temps: 91, with 82% humidity...actually not bad compared to the rest of this week.
Results: 21:37 and my thorns are gone. 
I had forgotten all about this guy's boring 5k, and blithely went to spin class Saturday morning...only to be greeted by multiple virtual race reports when I got home. There was nothing for it but to go out and run a 5k. In order to make sure I sweat my thorns off, I waited until 4 pm, when it was over 90 degrees,  before I hit the park.
Now this was kind of a big deal, because I was all pretty and dressed up when I realized I had to do this run, and I had to do the dreaded re-shower. I hate getting clean hair dirty, so this was a major sacrifice. But I didn't want to drop out.

I was actually dressed and showered and everything and I STILL went out to run!
And you can't tell because I'm a sucky photographer, but I actually put eye make-up on! Yet still, I forsook all to go for a run!
After I sweat it out for 3 miles, I didn't look so collected.
Drenched.
So much for make-up and clean hair!
This was actually my first timed run in a long time - the last one was May 27, for the Greek Fest 5k! I should confess that this is "cheat" time because I stopped my time twice to wait for traffic when crossing St. Charles Ave.  Still wasn't fantastic time. And the sad thing is... I felt like this was enormous effort. In fact I started at a 7:30 pace and I absolutely thought is was 7:00's. I was disgusted that I was nowhere near! I guess I have a lot of work to do.
I'm outta shape.
 

11 comments:

  1. eek...good for you. a 5k at 4 pm in this weather. you are a brave woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes BUT let's factor in the billion degrees and solo run... In a race environment you would have had extra adrenaline from the competition! Plus, you can deduct at least a minute from your time for going running after being all dolled up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so impressed you went running even after doing your hair and makeup, that's dedication!
    Great time, don't forget to consider the crazy afternoon heat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great job to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tough conditions to run 7:00 for sure. I think you had a great time. You chicked me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's a fantastic time! I am also very impressed that you sacrificed your hair. I think I ended up showering 3 times yesterday, only put on makeup once though :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did awesomely…especially in those conditions!

    ReplyDelete
  8. In that heat and humidity it probably WAS tremendous effort. PS, I think that's pretty fast :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. What the heck woman? That time in that heat is awesome. Do not be afraid of your awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Out of shape or not, that is the fastest time so far!!! nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice job! I am getting jealous of everyone runnig this SYTO 5K races, when I get healthy I am for sure participating next time!

    ReplyDelete