Custom Search

Friday, July 17, 2009

Foody Friday: Another salad, and the COOLinary menu


Clementine and goat cheese salad

One of my favorites...sorry the picture is so bad, I was halfway done eating it! I have no self-control!

Ingredients:

Butter lettuce
Small clementines or satsumas in sections
Chopped Italian parsley
sliced scallions
walnut pieces
goat cheese, crumbled
To taste:
black pepper
kosher salt
lemon juice
olive oil (optional)

SO you get the picture, put it together and make a fabulous salad. I don't use the olive oil and just add a touch of lemon juice because the clementines sort of make a dressing as you eat it.

Now for my local readers, I want to make sure you are all aware of the COOLinary menu specials here in NOLA for the summer. Since business drops so much in the summer, several restaurants offer amazing deals during the hottest months. Usually it is something like an appetizer, entree, and dessert for $28 or $30, and you you usually have 1-3 options to choose from. It's a great way to try some of the pricier restaurants and my hubby and I totally indulge all summer! Check out the participating restaurants here; some restaurants will list the COOLinary menu on their website whereas others keep it sort of hush-hush and you have to specifically ask your server about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment