Thanks, Caroline! And I hope YOUR injury goes away soon and that it isn't the same thing I have :(
And speaking of blogs...
Melissa gave me the Beautiful Blogger award, reserved for only the most beautiful amongst us. Haha.
I'm supposed to tell you seven random things about me, but I'm running out of meaningfully random things, so instead you get seven random tidbits from this week.
1. The druggies have been out in force this week, I don't know why. I had to notify the DEA about four people just on Friday! One of them was attempting to create a fake identity to fill a prescription under, since in Louisiana we track all controlled substance fills. But since you have to show a government ID I busted her.
2. I had another business trip this week, and it was with my boss and another coworker and his boss. It's stressful to travel with your boss.
3. While on said business trip the other employee, no names mentioned, had 19 drinks in the course of the evening - all dirty martinis except for two cucumber margaritas - plus a shot of tequila. I was floored. I have never seen so much alcohol imbibed at one time. I should add that it was his birthday.
4. On the return flight, I ran into a couple from my running club. They were returning from a checkup at MD Anderson. I was shocked to hear this because I didn't even realize the husband had cancer. Actually, he had a stem cell transplant right about the same time I started running with the group, so I didn't know. And he ran through the entire recovery period! He paced his wife to a 3:50 marathon this spring - her goal was to break 4 hours.
5. While watching the Olympics I made a sweater for a friend's new baby. Now I'm working on some embroidery.
6. I started taking fish oil - and I never take any supplements! - in hopes that it will help with my adductor tendon issues.
7. I accidentally bought something called a "slimcado", a reduced-fat avocado. It was unpleasant. Apparently it's the fat that gives avocados their delicious creaminess. This fruit was hard, watery, and slightly sweet - almost similar to a cucumber or honeydew melon. Not at all satisfying.
I should be passing this one on, but as usual I'm so late getting around to anything that I think it's made its rounds already...so if you would like to participate, help yourself, all you have to do is prove that you really are a beautiful blogger by producing a picture at least as hot as mine above.