Custom Search

Friday, July 22, 2011

Foody Friday: Flourless chocolate walnut cookies

Prepare to swoon. A rich, fudgey cookie with just 6 ingredients and almost no work at all.

Ingredients:
3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups walnut halves (throw them on a cookie sheet and toast them for a few minutes, then break them up a little before adding them to dough)
1 tablespoon (not teaspoon) vanilla extract
4 egg whites, lightly whisked in a little bowl or cup

Preheat oven to 350 F.
Mix dry ingredients. Add walnuts. At this point I add my secret ingredient - a dash of black pepper. It brings out the chocolate taste.
Add vanilla then add about half the egg whites and start mixing. As you mix the walnuts will start breaking up some more, which is fine. Continue to add egg white, a little at a time, until you have a cookie dough consistency. You may need all the egg whites; you may not. It depends on the size of the eggs you use and the humidity that day.
Prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper or foil and grease well. Drop mounds of cookie dough onto sheets. You should get 24 - 32 cookies.
Bake at 350 F for about 15 minutes. Let cool a little before trying to remove - they are very soft and moist at first.
Delicious!

10 comments:

  1. ooh those look delicious! and its amazing that they don't have flour! i'll have to print this recipe :)

    -haylie
    www.lovefashionloveyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look AMAZING and oh so easy. Will definitely be trying them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Love that a) they are easy and have very few ingredients and b) they are gluten free!! Very hard to find GF desserts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG - can't wait to try these. I LOVE chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh I need to make these cookies!!!! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am drooling over these cookies! The recipe is being printed out now! Check my blog post: http://jlacissej.blogspot.com/2011/07/7-randoms.html. You were tagged! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm back! Awesome, even if you are a dork, and can't follow directions, these are FABO. I made a 1/4 recipe because I KNOW myself, and I COULD NOT have a whole batch around. Anyway, I poured the whole egg white in at one time, instead of the correct directions, it turned out more like a goey cake than a cookie, but man, it may have been a happy accident. YUMMO! (I cooked it in a little 3 X 5 inch pan instead of cookies because I screwed it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. FLOURLESS!?!?! AWESOME!! Those look AMAZING, I need to try those!

    ReplyDelete