Wednesday, October 13, 2010
I desparately need your help!
I'm having a skin crisis.
I'm 28 and covered in acne! And I need all the suggestions I can get!
Here are my face-shots of my current red, pimply glory, and here is my back ground info:
1. Skin type: I sure as shootin' don't know. It gets dry and irritated easily, yet I get plenty of acne.
2. Acne type: Mostly large and irritated with peeling skin.
3. Skin care: Morning: Hand-made soap. My skin handles this well - no break-outs, redness, or drying. Evening: Exfoliating scrub with salicylic acid, then tretinoin cream. Day: Aveeno Ultra Calming moisturizer with spf.
This skin care regimen used to work well and break-outs were rare. Now, not so much.
- Running makes my skin worse. Sweat sitting on my skin could be harming it.
- Hormones are haywire. Because I have thyroid problems and PCOS, I have variable hormone levels.
- I am actually 14 years old.
I'm hesitant to change my routine because it used to work well, but obviously something is not doing its job anymore. Suggestions? Hints? Tips? Dermatology referrals?
How do you care for your skin?