Every season it seems like a few pieces of jewelry keep ending up paired with my outfits over and over again. It may be that they're new, so I'm looking for a chance to wear them; or they could be conveniently at the top of my overstuffed jewelry box over and over again!
Either way, I'm already seeing a pattern for this summer. I seem to be wearing these pieces a lot. Let's start from the middle and work our way out, shall we?
1. Fleur de lis cuff. I bought this last winter at a Pj's coffee and it's making a comeback this summer. The bold graphic design adds a tailored touch to looser, more summery outfits. Plus you can't go wrong with black and white.
2. Black pearl necklace. My aunt brought me this necklace as a gift when she visited for my brother's graduation. Most of my pearl necklaces are B or C grade and have that uneven look; these are beautiful smooth small rounds. They're about 5 mm which is an unusual size for round pearls. The dark color makes them less formal than white pearls and perfect to summerize an outfit; I've been wearing it with clothes you'd normally put with pearls (dressy blouses and classic dresses).
3. I got this chunky red necklace at the dollar store, but I love the long length and bright color! I've been pairing it with a sailor stripe boat-neck shirt: perfectly nautical.
4. I made the blue necklace with glass beads and hematite. The beads are unevenly dyed and look watery. It looks great against yellows - the hematite provides contrast and the blue compliments. I've been dressing up some of those sneaky hidden T-shirts with this one.
5. These coral colored pearls are paired with tiny gold beads. I made this one as a splurge - TWO strands of pearls, how luxurious! - because I was fascinated by the orange color. When I was making jewelry to sell I developed a new technique for knotting pearls (you can't just string them; you tie a knot between each one to prevent rubbing and to prevent loss of the whole strand if it breaks). The knotting technique makes double strands not as daunting - in fact, I finished this necklace fairly quickly, under two hours. It's adorable with white summer dresses and I've put it with crisp linen blouses, too.
Do you tend to wear certain pieces over and over again? What pieces are you wearing this summer?