Custom Search

Friday, September 15, 2017

Showing my age

Ten birthday miles
Happy birthday to me, I can't wait to go grocery shopping and then buy a new mop tonight!
Woot.
I feel every bit of 35 as I try to take care of my rogue knee. I went to my doctor and he's not concerned. Imaging showed no damage or even signs of arthritis (yay!), so he thinks it's an inflamed fat pad under my knee cap. I'm supposed to take some antiinflamatories, but you know how that usually goes - I am kind of anti-NSAIDs.
Meanwhile, I switched out my regular shoes, since my last pair had close to 450 miles. Better safe than sorry!

This morning I ventured out with the group for 2k cutbacks with 3 min jogs, which I ran (far behind the others) in 6:54, 6:42, and 6:38 pace. Not bad considering it was 92% humidity (but only 80 degrees). Now off to celebrate at the grocery store...because, yeah, I saved my least-favorite chores for tonight.

3 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! I feel every bit of 36 and this summer has been especially bad with all of the flares (and I got another flare on Fri night, although this one has been contained with oral steroids). Then this morning I commented to Phil that my foot hurts (I was on my feet for 12 hours yesterday doing prep work and then serving the multi-course Julia Child Night meal). He was like - 'honestly, what doesn't hurt for you right now?' Ha. The answer is not much as it's been a particularly painful summer. I hope your knee pain subsides soon! And I hope you got to do something special to celebrate your birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! 450 is a lot of miles on a pair of shoes, so it's good you retired them. I have 2K repeats this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey - happy birthday. I swear we're just like appliances - at some point the warranty runs out. And that's when things start going.

    ReplyDelete