Custom Search

Friday, March 22, 2013

Off to Alabama!

Tonight I'm leaving straight from work to drive to Mobile for the Azalea Trail 10k tomorrow morning. I just got the hotel info last night, and I'll be rooming with the rest of the girls, none of whom I know. Awkward. Also I should add that both guys and girls New Orleans Track Club teams are very fast, with most of the girls running SEVERAL minutes faster than I at the 10k, and the guys doing like 33 minutes. So I'll be very sore-thumbish in that crowd. It should still be fun, though. I never met a group of runners I didn't like!
Leg report: Stiff, sore, obnoxious. Cannot get this hamstring to let me run pain-free! Will it affect the 10k? Not sure. It definitely needs more attention, though, soon. I feel like I can't progress until I can run without wincing!

8 comments:

  1. have a fantastic 10K! if your hammie, etc. isn't feeling it, you can still have fun and just do it for the experience.....and if your body feels great, I'm sure you'll do amazingly well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great race and weekend. Fingers crossed on the leg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope all goes well Grace!
    Have a good one:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes, stay upright! (not sure how a FAST runner doesn't blend right in in that fast crowd)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fuuuuun! I hate the word wincing in this post :( I know you and I have both tried everything for our injuries --- but 2 weeks ago I started going to Bikram yoga and all of a sudden my buttcrease pain is pretty much gone and I started running again... also... a girl in my class started going when she got hip bursitis fm spinning and after 10 days of bikram it was gone. I've read that it does miracle healing and many athletes do it for that reason... worth a shot???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh, you are bringing back some great memories for me: I did he Azalea 10k back in the 80s and 90s - wow, I had forgotten about that race (I lived in H'ville for a few years). Good luck with it and I hope that bugger leg cooperates!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great race. I didn't know anyone willingly went to Alabama...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope it was a great race and fun trip!

    ReplyDelete