Custom Search

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Actually I really like this shoe

Does anyone remember the Mezamashii Run Project from Mizuno? It was a big deal a year ago, Perhaps you might have read that when I received an invitation, I was debating which shoe to choose.
I played a mean trick and let my readers vote on two models, then I went with a third one that I didn't even tell you about.
Msfitrunner recommended the Musha 4. She's sharp. I think she knows me better than I know myself.

I went with her choice and you know what? I love this shoe. But I didn't want to review it until I had actually worn it, and kind of worn it out. I've been injured for so long that it took me awhile to really get some good feel for the shoe. It is hideous (what is the deal with all the bright workout wear all of a sudden? I look like a circus out for a jog), but who cares? It's light as a feather with a little bounce.

I've been afraid to wear Mizuno in the past because I could always feel the wave under my foot - plus they seemed narrow to me. These men's sized Mushas don't feel narrow at all, and they fit my particular foot like a glove. This could be a problem for the average runner, since my feet are very weird. I can feel the wave underfoot - but only when standing still. It somehow disappears when I start running.

So, the gist of the shoe?
- Light, roomy, comfortable
- Mild (very mild) stability
- Not a lot of cushion, but some bounce
- Good for races and excellent on the track
- Not good for long runs unless you don't love cushion; my legs felt fatigue after just 7 miles.

FYI there is now a women's model; it doesn't matter to me because I wear men's anyway. I'm thinking this will be the shoe for the upcoming Azalea Trail Race 10k, but not for the Crescent City Classic: I think I'll need to wear my more-cushioned Kinvaras just to handle the rough surface of Esplanade Avenue.

1 comment:

  1. So, if you liked that one, as did I, you would probably love the shoes in the brooks pure line...just saying;-) heaven...

    ReplyDelete