Custom Search

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

I can't wait to take a picture by the bean!


This is not to say that I'm running the Chicago marathon. I actually thought about it - it turns out that my week of vacation (which I randomly picked last year) is the same week as that race. And now I have a place to stay, too. My sister moved to Chicago! She's a librarian, and applied for a job at a university in Chicago (her current position was with a private university in Georgia). They flew her up for an interview, and she got the job. She's so cute. The first thing she mentioned to me when she called is that I should visit and run the Chicago marathon. I didn't want to register while injured, so I didn't try this year, but now I guess it will have to go on my marathon bucket list!

12 comments:

  1. It is honestly my favorite marathon. You should definitely try to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am running CHicago this year! Yay! Maybe we can meet and hang out. :) I know you could still get a charity bib if you really wanted to run.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chicago is a great place to run! (Never done the marathon, but I've slogged up and down Lake Shore a time or two.) Coming from New Orleans though, you'll need to adjust to the elevation. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't even realize Chicago had a magic bean! Goes to show what I know :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you could always get in with a charity slot... I may do that... if I ever run again ;) hope you are doing well in the running category!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Bean is so awesome! It looks kinda corny ... but it's soooo cool! Michael and I are running Chi this year, maybe you can come watch us run. Wait, you should find a way to get in and you could pace me ... awe never mind, you would just end up smoking me and that would be embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I LOVE Chicago! It is one of my favorite cities. I am trying to get back to Minneapolis in a year, but if there aren't jobs available, I will be expanding my search to Chicago.

    This was NOT a good year for registering for the Chicago marathon, so maybe be glad that you didn't? They ended up having to take down their registration site as it totally crashed. It took me almost 2 hours to get registered. I hope Chicago learned their lesson as their vendor royally screwed up!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chicago Marathon is a great race! Definitely add it... it's also just a great city to visit in general :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I got so excited when I saw this post because I thought that maybe you DID register for Chicago and I would get to meet you!! I can understand not wanting to sign up when you have an injury though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the bean. Its so fun! I also love Wrigleyville if you get a chance to go out there. There is a pub called Guthries which has games! It's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you should totally do Chicago now then, the city is awesome. That was the marathon I was intending on doing before I got injured.

    ReplyDelete