Custom Search

Friday, December 30, 2011

The year in review...from Miss Zippy

Miss Zippy started this...the runner's 2011 in review!
It's generally good to finish a race smiling.
I even have this color
  • Best race experience? RnR New Orleans - I enjoyed the race and felt great the whole time. Not my current PR, but best in my book!
  • Best run? I had a really good negative-split 18 miler this fall - felt strong and fast. My goal was a 3:20 marathon and I realized at the end of the run that I hit exactly the right pace without even pushing. 
  • Best new piece of gear? I got Saucony Kinvaras this year and really like them.
  • Best piece of running advice you received? Incorporate speedwork....I think it is helping!
  • Most inspirational runner? My hubby...running a PR half marathon after only one ten mile training run! Crazy man! 
  • If you could sum up your year in a couple of words, what would they be? Working hard. 

3 comments:

  1. Working hard is good - Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HARD WORK PAYS OFF!!

    You are such an accomplished runner....you have some great natural talent and it seems like you train very smart. Recipe for success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to meet you! What a beautiful picture of you...smiling at the end of a race. :) Wow, your bro took you on quite a run today. Talk about natural talent. My money is on you girl! Can't wait to see you continue to unfold. You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete