Custom Search

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Making the money!

Yesterday was a big day at work for me because...
...I got my September profit and loss statement and discovered that in September I made a profit! This is a big deal because my store just opened at the end of April! We became profitable after just 5 months, rather than the expected two to five years.
Whole foods strawberry shortcake
I treated my staff to cake for the occasion.
This is a big relief for me, because I don't have any business training or experience. I'm a pharmacist! But I'm also the store manager, and I was worried that I wouldn't have the savvy to turn a profit. Lucky for me, our overhead costs are very low, so we're squeaking by!

How has your work been lately? What is your job? Anything at work that has been hanging over your head?

8 comments:

  1. Congrats! That's WAY ahead of schedule! I'm trying to get some new writing projects underway. Also just got a page rate raise with one of my clients, so I'm digging that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent. I will stop by for me free pharmaceuticals. Since you are making a profit and all...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! It's always nice to get a jump on things! That cake looks good. I also like the Chantilly Lace cake from WF. MMM...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats - what a great feeling! And that is dang fast ot turn a profit. So go you!

    WOrk has been ok lately. Sort of stressy, but I am hoping things normalize soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! And that cake looks like it was delicious!

    Work has been good for me lately. Ever since I started this new position in July I've been twice as busy as I normally am which is a-okay with me. I'm even going to get to do a little traveling next month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! I have a lot of work crap "hanging out there", except most of it is because I'm waiting on others to do their parts. Gotta love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!!! Sounds like you have a lot of talent for this!!!! No stress for me from work, I show up and do the job, and go home. Prepping for JACHO of course.

    Mostly my stress is completely from my freaking hip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I was so happy to find your blog...I saw a comment that you had left on "Back to Her Roots." Anyway, I am originally from the Mississippi Delta, and a frequent visitor to New Orleans...one of my favorite places in all the world. I look forward to following your adventures!

    ReplyDelete