Custom Search

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Out with the old...

Thursday night, my stomach decided to take that advice most literally. So my New Year's Eve was spent huddled on the bathroom floor in utmost misery. I'm still not well. This is one of the worst sicknesses I've had in a long time, and it's taking me ten minutes to get up the stairs, so obviously a long run didn't happen today (in fact, I doubt I'll get out of pajamas, for the second day in a row. Yesterday David had to comb my hair for me, I was so weak, so I assure you I did not put real clothes on).
The timing certainly stinks - no toasting the New Year or enjoyable three day weekends for me - but at least I didn't have to scramble to find work coverage.
New Year's Resolution: throw up fewer times all year than I did Thursday night.

6 comments:

  1. BOOOO. Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, that sucks ... please keep it in NOLA!!! I was throwing up sick last year over Christmas, it sucks being sick on a holiday ... feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ughh! Hope it's all passed now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugggggh. That sucks so much. The stomach flu moved through my family last Christmas and each day someone else would fall pray to it. I got it the night of Christmas last year and it kind of ruined the holiday for me. My poor sister who was home from Tucson for Christmas for the first time in like 5 years got it on Christmas Eve and Day and then left on the 26th so she really got the short end of the stick. We were all very very happy to stay healthy this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is terrible because I had so much planned for the three-day weekend, but here I am still trying to keep toast down!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like Norovirus... I hope you feel better soon. I hate being sick like that.

    ReplyDelete