Custom Search

Sunday, January 31, 2016

A night alone

Last night the Intergalactic krewe of Chewbacchus rolled in the ghetto down St. Claude. I was not present. I have little interest in Mardi Gras, no interest in a rinky-dink walking parade, and negative interest in anything Sci-fi, which is the theme of Chewbacchus (although, hats-off to their name. I do so love a clever pun!).
David wanted to go, though, so I cleverly arranged to meet with friends and then backed out at the last minute, leaving me with a pleasant night alone. What did I do with my time?
- Read a book at the park
Audubon Park: my favorite place.

- Did a long series of exercises purported to help runner's knee
- Made chocolate brownie cookies, because I haven't made anything but king cake in weeks
- Cut my hair, including bangs. I haven't had bangs in years, but I think they make me look slightly less ancient and haggard.
Make-up free picture is gratis. I think my wrinkles give me...character. 
And then I indulged in a big-time guilty pleasure, which is eating loaded quesadillas in front of the contestants of The Biggest Loser. I know this is dreadful, but I like eating good food while they can't.
I take out the fine china when David is gone.
I don't follow the show, but my dinner did taste better while they ate water and a Kellogg bar.


9 comments:

  1. Your quesadilla looks much better than what I usually eat when my boyfriend isn't around (ice cream).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made the cookies specifically because we were out of ice cream!

      Delete
  2. I'm not into Star Wars, but Chewbacchus is pretty funny. What's with all of you beautiful women (my wife heads this list) making statements like you look "haggard & ancient"? I know this how she truly feels, and she's not just saying it or fishing for a compliment ... but I don't get it??? Try going through life with thinning hair and a mug like mine ... it's not great, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen her in person. :) Not haggard or ancient-looking at all. Even after a race!

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Allison! Jim...I lost like 1/3 of my hair this year, of the remaining 2/3 a good tenth of it is gray, and I inherited my dad's early wrinkles. What can I say? I'm getting old.

      Delete
  3. I've come to the conclusion that you feel about Mardi Gras the way that I feel about the July 4th and the Inauguration.

    Appreciative that people come in and spend money in my city, but not terribly interested in participating myself, and eager to see the crowds leave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have no interest in mardi gras, either... Sounds like you had a great day on your own, though! I'm impressed that you can cut your own hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also enjoy eating guilt-inducing food in front of the Biggest Losers. It's a bit mean (although they don't know it) but, hey, I haven't let myself gain hundreds of pounds.

    ReplyDelete