Today's installment features
I have concluded that I have an osteoid osteoma. Why?
1. My xray looks like the one above, except my thighs are marginally less chubby.
2. There has to be a reason I've had this stupid bone injury for so long.
3. This type of benign bone tumor is most often found on tibia and femur.
4. Bone doesn't just not heal. It heals itself. If this was a stress fracture I should be better by now!
5. The symptoms (pain at night, walk with a limp, relieved by NSAIDS) fit mine.
Reasons why I should stop Googling and keep doing PT:
1. The condition generally affects children and adolescents.
2. It is also more common in males, meaning I'm not really the type.
3. I ran a lot, and then I had femur pain. Sounds stress fracture-y to me.
4. I'm not a doctor or a radiologist.
Whatcha think, guys?