Custom Search

Monday, September 9, 2013

There's a radio show in this McDonalds.

Last week my boss called me late Wednesday night to tell me I'd be on a radio show early Thursday morning. I'm kind of getting tired of this nonsense. I get roped into the silliest things! So I stayed up late waiting on talking points from our PR company, only to discover that this show is taped in McDonald's. As in, at a little sticky table.

It really is. I did my interview, speaking while the host (former politician, not coincidentally also a former convict, as New Orleans politicians are wont to be) chomped his Egg McMuffin.

After I completed the live segment, I tuned to the show in the car to hear how they managed to a produce a show in a fast food restaurant....and sure enough, it sounded exactly like you were in the McDonald's drive through. Only in New Orleans!

8 comments:

  1. no, really... you are kidding. right?

    Too funny, and having grown up in the South, totally believable! But I must say that:

    "Things happen to me that just don't happen to other shiny happy people."

    is more accurate than I previously thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing that would have made this better is if the former politician were dressed up as the Hamburglar. I think it would added a touch of irony to an already classic experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, that is hilarious. But I'm trying to figure out why a radio show would think McD's is the right place to do an interview with a pharmacist from a national drugstore company! Were they interviewing a varied bunch of folks?

    - Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His segment always tapes in the McDonald's!

      Delete
    2. That. Is. Amazing. (I bet the McD's is a valued sponsor.)
      - Grace

      Delete
  4. thanks for the giggles. This is too good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. What a radio show! He must be syndicated across the globe.

    ReplyDelete