Custom Search

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

If this ain't the swine flu is sure FEELS like dying!

I'm sick, darn it. I hate getting sick. I don't like to take medication, so I just wander around in a phlegmy haze feeling kind of drunk and very achy. I'm so aggravated that I'm sick at this particular moment because I start my new job tomorrow! And here's the worst part: during my interview my manager mentioned sick days and couldn't recall some particular detail about the policy. "Oh don't worry," I assured him cockily. "I never get sick." Uh-huh. Except for day #1 on the job. Way to look reliable!
Why oh why did I open my big mouth? I might as well have just hollered, "Oh H1N1 virus! Please come lodge in my respiratory tract! It's nice and cozy in here...and easy easy entry, since my ginormous mouth is always open!"

Questions to ponder on this Tuesday:
- How to feel a tad more awake and alive when you have the flu or a bad cold
- Covering your mouth: is it REALLY sanitary to cough into your hand, which will then touch all kinds of surfaces around you? How about the medically-approved "shoulder cough"?
- Is hand sanitizer just as good as hand washing?

And other germy topics as you see fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment