It's time for a catch-up post.
- Joey (little brother #2) left for basic training. We had him over for dinner to say 'bye and went to the Orpheus parade briefly so he could get a last glimpse of New Orleans before he left. I'm kind of upset over this whole thing. It's a tough position to be in: I support the military and I hope this is the right decision for Joey, but let's face it. No one want their family in harm's way.
- Our kitchen sink started backing up dreadfully last week but luckily Joey is a plumber on the side and offered to empty the trap. This fixed the clog but the problem was that when he unscrewed our old, metal pipes they were so eroded that they fell apart in his hands. This occurred on Lundi gras, so we couldn't actually get a plumber until Wednesday. It was a long few days of dumping buckets!
- I assume I had some sort of virus last week that affected my muscles; thankfully that seems to have resolved without ending in my death.I did hydrate and do all the right things for my kidneys, which are luckily resilient organs.
- Work has continued to be insane but I see the light - things are moving forward to open my new clinic, which will give me much greater freedom and control over my own workplace environment.
- I've worn my new Nike Tempo shorts that finally replaced twelve year old shorts I had to pitch, but I have one complaint. One pair is larger than the other! They're the same size, but I have to roll the waistband of the printed pair to keep it on. Variable sizing annoys me.
Have you ever bought multiples of an item of clothing, only to find out that the sizes were actually different? I was so excited to find another pair of my favorite jeans once ...but I bought a different wash. And they were humongous. I was heart broken!