Custom Search

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Happy birthday hubby!

Yesterday David turned 35, shockers. I'm married to an old man! That's middle age!
We went out to dinner at Coquette on Magazine, one of my favorite places to get a cocktail. At this point, I would insert a charming photo of the two of us dolled up to go out to eat, but I can't because the birthday boy was too tired to take a photo when we got home (I believe it was a food coma). However, I loved my outfit so much I'll describe it to you: black cigarette ankle pants, navy and purple patterned chemise with thick black lace edging and neckline, and snug black blazer. I wore black snakeskin heels with double ankle straps, a silver cuff bracelet, and large silver filigree earrings. It was a chic way to stay warm on a date. We ate ourselves silly and ordered the Port au Price to drink, a spiced rum and sherry cocktail (proceeds benefit the Red Cross' efforts in Haiti).

David's hard to buy for because he only likes expensive things, and he likes things I don't know much about. For example, he probably would have like a new lens for his camera, but I wouldn't know what to buy - nor would I want to pay that much. So I decided this year to get him "a weekend" instead. I came up with a weekend full of events on the Northshore. For those of you not from New Orleans, the Northshore is Nola's redneck cousin. I used to live there when the hubby and I met, and we sort of make jokes about it. We used to call it a "honkey tonk date" when we went out to eat there, so I came up with a full honkey tonk weekend. I made an illustrated book describing each activity for the weekend. So David could also have something tangible, I bought a Saints championship hat...which I had to go to 5 stores to find! Everyone was sold out! Finally I found the display hat at the Sport Authority all the way out in Harahan, and I persuaded a manager to hold it for me in exchange for chocolate (shout out to Kenny at the Clearview Sports Authority!). Ah, the things we do for love!

Do you have anyone hard to buy for in your life? If so, what are your solutions and the best ideas you've had?
How about some of the not-so-good ideas too?

No comments:

Post a Comment