Custom Search

Saturday, July 12, 2014

P.S. to yesterday

I should add to yesterday's post that $55,000 is only what the hospital charged for the surgery and my outpatient hospital stay. 
I got separate bills for:
1. My pre-op hospital visits
2. My anesthesia
3. My doctor's charge for actually doing the procedure (he charged over $5000)
4. X-ray and imaging during surgery
5. PT while in the hospital, which consisted of a therapist not fitting my crutches to me

All in all, the surgery bills were close to $70,000.


2 comments:

  1. Gracie, I've been following your posts about your surgery and enjoy your perspective as a pharmacist. Thanks for commenting on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the moral of the story is - don't get sick unless you've got really good medical coverage. Ouch those bills have got to hurt.

    ReplyDelete