Custom Search

Monday, January 11, 2010

music for your running playlist....


...courtesy of my sis! My sister is a talented musician and quite the music critic, as well. I am getting a little tired of my running playlists and decided it was time for something new, so I asked her to find some classical pieces to keep me going. Here is her list:

Pines of the Villa Borghese, by Respighi
just about anything by Scarlotti
Finale from Beethoven's 7th
Bach's Brandenburg Concerto no. 3
Bach's Italian concerto
Rondo from Beethoven's 3rd piano concerto
Beethoven's 5th (1st and 4th movement)
Mussorgsky's Bydlo
First movement of Chopin's 2nd piano sonata
1st movement from Mendelssohn's Italian Symphony
Mendelssohn's Scottish symphony, 4th movement
1st movment from Tchaikovsky's 2nd piano concerto
Rite of Spring, Stravinsky
1st movement of Paganini's 1st violin concerto and last movement from his 2nd
Prokofiev's 5th symphony

I added in quite a few violin pieces from an Itzhak Perlman album I already had. There are definitely some slower tempos in this mix than I'm used to, so I will have to see how I like it.

Speaking of...what is your favorite running song? Mine is...don't laugh...
Head by Tin Star. The lyrics mention "gotta do my exams today" but "couldn't revive" and I started listening to it during runs before tests in school to give myself a kick. It just cracked me up! I still like to run to that song and in fact I put it into my "race" mix twice. I can estimate my speed by how far I've gone when I hear it both times!

No comments:

Post a Comment