Running in 2013:
|Crescent City Classic 10k|
- Started out with a misdiagnosed stress fracture.
- Skipped Louisiana marathon, but David ran his first.
- Pathetic half marathon at RnR NOLA on injured legs.
- Ran two 10ks, a team effort and my PR, 40:59 I think?
- Got diagnosed with stress fracture and took a lot of time off
- Came back and did silly things: two four-mile races, a few track meets (with mile PR of 5:46), some summer 2 milers (with 2 mile PR of 12:19), and the evil midnight marathon that started me back on the injury train.
- OUCH for all fall.
- Slowly inching back this winter
- Approximately 1000 miles this year.
On a scale of 1-10, running this year was a 4. It would be a 2, but I had those PRs.
In the rest of my life, 2013 was pretty cool:
|Holding my niece for the first time|
- Visited Sonoma
- Managed a pretty darn good year at work, despite huge barriers (like losing contract for employees' insurance in the hospital where I work) and got an impressive bonus
- We added a nephew (David's side) and a niece (my side)
- David changed jobs
- We drove to Louisville to visit my brother
- Joined our church.
- I got intersection syndrome, but avoided surgery.
On a scale of 1 to 10, I'll give life in 2013 a 9. I'm tempted to give it a 10, since I'm just generally happy with everything, but it gets a 9 because David's job transition wasn't exactly smooth.
Your turn! Rate 2013! And have fun tonight!